So I got out my reference for Linux VIM editor and started down the path:
And off we went.
Installed Mahout, then installed the streaming software, ran into an issue because skipped a set, of adding "export" commands to the environment variables, took an hour to troubleshoot.
Ran the RHadoop example from the blog:
Found the pg100.txt file on the web, downloaded and then uploaded into the HDFS file system:
Uploaded file into File System:
And the GUI file system:
Typed in the code for Map Reduce job in VIM:
Tried running, found a missing comma, specified the incorrect Jar file in the .bash_profile, corrected that, removed the /Data/Output folder, reran:
And the browser view:
So it seems Streaming is working as well as RHadoop. Thanks again for the great tutorial: