- Workers on the lower rungs carry most of the heavy lifting for fraction of the pay
- Many full time employers hire skills from the outside instead of training from within
- In some company's the only real way to get a big increase in salary is leave and come back
- When climbing the ladder, it really is who you know
- Most workers get labeled early in the career and it's tough to shed the stereotype
- Workers who excel in the technical space have difficulty moving up the ladder
- If you do great work, you'll end up doing most of the work
- It's best not to accept a counter offer when resigning from a position
- There may be more pressure at the top, but that's where the bonus' and stock options are
- Everyone is replacable
Top 10 Work Related Observations
I signed up for the Hortonworks Certified Associate exam last Thursday. Figured if I sign up, I'd have to take the test. And if I tak...
This blog post is in no way an attempt to steal other people's work. It's basically an conglomeration of notes from research I did...
Saw a post today on Twitter, " Microsoft releases CNTK, its open source deep learning toolkit, on GitHub " This is big news. Be...