- Spaces in the table names
- ...From [User Info]
- Spaces in field names
- Select a.[First Name]...
- Dates stored as Strings
- CommissionDate as String
- Lack of descriptive 'Alias' names
- Inner Join Contacts a with (nolock)
- Inconsistent programming styles
- Using CTE, then Temp Tables, then Table Variables
- Unnecessary code
- i.e. "Ltrim(RTrim(CustomerName))"
- Scattering Tables across Multiple Databases on a Server
- ...From Sales.dbo.Customer Inner Join Leads.dbo.Customer...Inner Join Demographics.dbo.State
- Messy Code
- Difficult to follow, not spaced for easy reading
- Using Cursors
- Use Looping or Joins more efficiently
- No Comments / Documentation
- Please add comments to inform next person what you are doing
Top 10 Bad Practices When Writing #SQL
What are some bad practices I see when viewing SQL code.
at May 14, 2013
I signed up for the Hortonworks Certified Associate exam last Thursday. Figured if I sign up, I'd have to take the test. And if I tak...
Saw a post today on Twitter, " Microsoft releases CNTK, its open source deep learning toolkit, on GitHub " This is big news. Be...
It seems like open source applications are the mainstream today. So many new products delivered through Aache foundation. Some do this. S...