When it's all said and done, I got a new web app in production this week.
Suffice to say, it wasn't easy.
Actually, doing the work to convert the web from our parent company to the new company took me about a day.
Figuring out how to connect to the database on the other domain however took some figuring out.
It turns out that I can't connect from my local machine.
However, by using the external IP address on the production web server, it does see the other server and connects just fine.
Lots of emails going back and forth with the server admin's to realize this.
There were two ancillary c# apps that needed to run and scheduled in task manager on the server as well in addition to a SQL-Agent job that runs every 15 minutes to pull in some data from outside the DMZ.
Once I got the numbers to match the old site, I chose a manager to be the beta tester, in exchange for some new enhancements once the site is dispersed to the rest of the business units.
Maybe next week we'll have the new SharePoint 2013 site available to begin the process of creating the Tabular Model cubes. And maybe the SSRS 2012 server will be ready to start loading some reports.
Becuase I'm supposed to be creating some new Dashboards for the enterprise once everything is in place.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I signed up for the Hortonworks Certified Associate exam last Thursday. Figured if I sign up, I'd have to take the test. And if I tak...
Saw a post today on Twitter, " Microsoft releases CNTK, its open source deep learning toolkit, on GitHub " This is big news. Be...
It seems like open source applications are the mainstream today. So many new products delivered through Aache foundation. Some do this. S...