So today I finally got to meet our CTO.
My boss came looking for me, said there was an issue with some of the reports.
So we went to the bosses, bosses office and I got introduced.
Said all the execs got new IPhones, which causes some of the emailed SSRS reports to stop working.
I asked him to forward me the reports that did not work.
So when I got back to my desk, I viewed the reports in question on my IPhone which is not the latest phone.
Sure enough it worked as expected. Turns out its only an issue on the new IPhone just released last week.
So we saved the .xls files, which did not open, as an .xlsx file and sure enough it opened.
Here's the thing SSRS 2008 R2 only exports to .xls files.
So we could upgrade our SSRS server to 2012 and solve the problem.
Except they need these reports for month / quarter end so there's not enough time.
So I tried every single export option feature, CSV, HTML, MHTML, etc. with no luck.
Until I tried the PDF and it worked.
Except it chopped all the pages in multiple pages.
So I spent some time condensing the report into a single report.
Emailed it out they liked it problem solved.
Scheduled the report to run 3pm, 6pm and 9pm and the bosses seem to be happy.
Now if you check the Apple websites, they do not have a fix for the known bug.
Excel is not backwards compatible on the new IPhone and can't read .xls files generated pre 2007.
We also discussed trying to find a downloadable free app from the app store. Suppose we could try that if need be. Except that's a lousy work a round if you ask me.
Anyway, that's my story for today.
I signed up for the Hortonworks Certified Associate exam last Thursday. Figured if I sign up, I'd have to take the test. And if I tak...
Saw a post today on Twitter, " Microsoft releases CNTK, its open source deep learning toolkit, on GitHub " This is big news. Be...
It seems like open source applications are the mainstream today. So many new products delivered through Aache foundation. Some do this. S...