We process 7000+ email notifications every week around 9am same day.
Recently a bunch of people became vocal about not receiving email notifications.
So I checked the Configuration File:
<Extension Name="Report Server Email" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.EmailDeliveryProvider.EmailProvider,ReportingServicesEmailDeliveryProvider">
So I checked the ExecutionLog table in the SSRS Server look for max retries = 4 because we have a server configuration set to 3:
from reportserver.dbo.ExecutionLog E
join reportserver.dbo.catalog C on E.reportid = C.itemid
convert(varchar(1000),c.path) = '/RPT FOLDER/RPT NAME'
having count(*) =4
order by 1,4 desc,3 desc ,2
This provided a list of people who did not get their emails...
Then checked the log files on the SSRS Server for errors --> Found this:
ReportingServicesService!emailextension!23!01/11/2012-09:00:18:: Error sending email. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040211): The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc67. The server response was 421 #4.4.5 Too many connections from your host.
So I spoke with the IT people who manage the mail server and they opened up the emails from 50 to 5000 concurrent - we'll check next week and see if the issue has been resolved.
Also, I posted this to Twitter and
happily responded with this link:
And another response from:
Ft. Worth, TX
Thanks Vijay and Adam!!