Well, on my part time job, I was requested to create an SSIS package to dynamically create a TEXT file with the file name to include the date run.
Sure enough, I did this.
Then the user changed the export file type from Text to Excel.
I thought this was a no brainer.
Until I got into the guts of the code.
I found this link as an example:
It ran in development and all was well.
Until the next day, the package would not compile.
Why? Because the file was not already created with the next day's date.
So I read and re-read the article above and it just didn't make sense.
Until, poof, I figured it out.
You have to create the Execute SQL Script at the beginning of the package, referencing the Excel Destination, in order to create the spreadsheet in advance.
I then deleted all the Excel files used in testing, re-ran the package, and sure enough the new Excel file with correct file name appears.
And so it goes!
I signed up for the Hortonworks Certified Associate exam last Thursday. Figured if I sign up, I'd have to take the test. And if I tak...
Saw a post today on Twitter, " Microsoft releases CNTK, its open source deep learning toolkit, on GitHub " This is big news. Be...
It seems like open source applications are the mainstream today. So many new products delivered through Aache foundation. Some do this. S...